Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saddam: Executed

I've just seen the initial footage of Saddam being led to the rope by his hangman.

Chilling stuff.

I'm a little unsettled with the cold, brutal practicalities of this but I'm convinced that he deserved it based on his actions in the past.

I support the death penalty.

That said, I have no doubt that prior to the trial, it had already been decided that he should be put to death.

I have no problem with this either in the circumstances. Personally, I'd have been inclined to put him against a wall and shoot him when he was found.

None of this however should give any comfort to the British and US governments.

Their duplicitous behaviour pre/post the war was illegal, immoral and based on lies. How many deaths have Blair and Bush caused in their campaign against one man? Should they also face their own trial & punnishments?

Did the ends justify the means?

No comments: