Saturday, March 17, 2007

Israel won't deal with new Palestinian Government

BBC:

Israel has reiterated that it will not deal with the new Palestinian government of national unity that is expected to be approved shortly.A spokeswoman for Israeli PM Ehud Olmert accused the cabinet, made up of rival Fatah and Hamas factions, of endorsing the use of terror.

Time was, I didn't take a view on the Palestine/Israel issue. Was just too deep seated in historical rivalry for me to get my head around it.

Over recent years I've watched and seen Israel act in a despicable manner and get away with it.

Last year, they murdered around 1,000 Lebanese citizens yet it is they who claim the "other sides" are terrorists.

The only reasons the West haven't condemned them and imposed sanctions are (it would appear):

  • They have backing from the US.
  • Any attempt to criticise the Jewish state is referred to as antisemitism.

I shouldn't have to say this but I guess I'm compelled: I have no issue whatsoever with the Jewish faith.

Politics is a different matter entirely.

Its time the world told Israel to wind its neck in.

The government of Palestine is a mater for the Palestinian people, not some cabal in Tel Aviv or Washington.

No comments: