Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Daily Mail Editor: Orwellian BBC

I recently wrote about my perception of censorship of anti Labour comments on the BBC website (in response to a bland interview with Gordon Brown by Andrew Marr).

The editor of the Mail (not someone I'd usually feel inclined to agree with) has given a speech in which he contends -

BBC journalism is reflected through a left wing prism that affects everything - the choice of stories, the way they are angled, the choice of the interviews, the interviewees and, most pertinently, the way those interviewees are treated.

He's absolutely right. Look at any BBC current affairs output and you can't miss it.

I support the licence fee for good education and comedy from the BBC (even if they have both been very week of late) but I loathe their biased current affairs output.

No comments: